How to determine statistic significance of transition confidence when using PAGA for mapping transitions between partitions

I always expect that if the transition confidence is greater than a threshold, the transition from partition i to j is statistical significant. Does that threshold exits? In other words, if the transition confidence is greater than zero, is it true that there is statistical significant transition from partition i to j?

ChenXY-0919 commented on a9e5361 19 minutes ago

Hi, I am very interested in the improvement a9e5361. I hope it wouldn’t bother you to answer a few questions.
I wonder what are the advantages of the new “compute_transitions” function compared with the old one ( function: compute_transitions_old ). Without t-test, how to determine if a transition from partition i to j is statistically significant? Besides, the new function seems different from what was described in this paper ( Wolf FA, Hamey FK, Plass M et al. PAGA: graph abstraction reconciles clustering with trajectory inference through a topology preserving map of single cells[J]. Genome Biol, 2019, 20: 59.) .
Many thanks.